The official blog for Food Revolution Day in Doha, Qatar. We can fight obesity when we stand up for our right to proper good food.
A New Card to the Table
TINKOpp, a start-up passionate about bringing about the new and unconventional in Sports Business & Events to the community, sponsors Food Revolution Doha in Fresh Produce for the live cooking sessions.
We believe training like food can be captured in a sentiment best expressed by Jason Statham (Transporter), in an interview about his diet “When you have no rules, the mind starts to slack”. Your mind is a wonderful tool. And with the right training, preparation and education, can be making all the right calls to getting you to the BEST you, YOU have ever seen.
TINKOpp believes in preparation, education and the right mind frame to be open and liberated to reaching your goals and ultimately to your passions. So come tomorrow to Food Revolution Day with open minds! And empty stomachs!
Follow your passions, Follow TINKOpp on www.twitter.com/TINKOpp
- MINIMAL TO NO PROCESSED ITEMS! (The whole point is about using fresh items to make it. It can be challenging to find a lot of natural items, so we’re giving you a little bit of flexibility)
- CUT BACK ON OILY & TRANS FAT items.
- Should be able to serve at least 10 people (Don’t plan to make so much that you’re catering an event).
- If it’s something part of your cultural heritage (Asian, Indian Subcontinent, Middle Eastern, etc.), we want to see that as well. If you’ve also made it healthier, that’s even better as others would be curious to learn.
- We’d love it if you can write up the ingredients you have used to making it, print it and put it next to your dish for others to learn and see. It’s a chance for others to learn as well.
[Image source: http://potluckexchange.blogspot.com/]
5 countries in the GCC (Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and United Arab Emirates) are taking a stand for proper food on Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution Day. What are you waiting for? Time we turn the tide on obesity & diabetes.
Join us this Saturday at the Recreation Centre in Education City (Click the photo to see our event listing on the official website).
DON’T FORGET TO RSVP!
Chef Hiroyuki Tamagawa from The Pearl Qatar (UDC) will be giving people a hands-on session to make something nutritious and delicious with a live demonstration on Food Revolution Day. Expect it to tingle your taste buds ;)
Are you joining us? Register here
It’s happening and we want you to join us. Register here to learn best things about cooking and more.